Learn how stay in touch with your field staff using DataWinners. Send messages or reminders to all your contacts, or selected individuals or groups. Set up Reply SMS for your Questionnaire. Send messages only to those Data Senders who have missed a deadline.
Guides and Tutorials
Messages & Reminders
DataWinners can also send SMS directly to communicate with the people in the field. Please note that this requires a local telephone linked to your account.
You can choose between three groups of recipients:
- My Data Senders linked to this Questionnaire,
- All Data Senders of all Questionnaires,
- Other People
Please watch our video tutorial to learn How to Send a Message.
Create a Group of Contacts grouping Users and Administrators.
Follow the steps below:
- Click on the “Contacts” button
- Click on “Add a Group”, name your Group and click on “Add”
- Click on “All Contacts”
- Select your Users and administrators from the list
- Select “Add to Groups” in the action dropdown list
Now, you can send an SMS to the Group:
- Click on “Send an SMS”
- Select “Group” as a recipient
- Select your Group
With DataWinners, it is possible to send automatic reminders to your Data Senders to remind them to send in data. DataWinners can then send up to three reminders during each reporting period. You can specify when you want these reminders to be sent by checking the corresponding check box. Reminder message text can be edited as needed.
Please note that this requires a local telephone linked to your account.
This functionality is only available for Pro SMS accounts.
Please watch our video tutorial to learn How to Set Reminders.
Organizations can use DataWinners to send automatically up to three reminders to field staff who have not already submitted data for the current deadline.
To do so, please:
- Click on the blue tab named Reminder,
- Set your deadline,
- Set the number of days before and after the deadline on which you want to send reminders and,
- Edit your text message for x day before, the day of the deadline, and x days after the deadline reminders.
Open the sent reminders page to confirm that your reminders have been sent. You can also refer to the dashboard page to learn how many reminders have been sent during the month as only delivered reminders are displayed.
When setting up reminders, set the deadline and choose when you want the reminders to be sent. DataWinners can then send up to three reminders during each reporting period.
If you check the checkbox at the bottom of the page saying: Only send reminders to senders who have not already submitted data for the current deadline, reminders will be sent to these people only.
You can only set one due date in a DataWinners Questionnaire so this is not possible.
- You can create a Questionnaire for each deadline just for reminders and sending SMS to a group. For example, one Questionnaire for weekly deadline, another one for monthly deadline, another one for semi-annual and a fourth one for annual deadline. Let’s call these “group Questionnaires”, with just a dummy question in each Questionnaire. Your Data Senders will be submitting data to the first real Questionnaire. This way you will be able to have all your data in one Questionnaire.
- Link all the Data Senders related to each group to the appropriate Questionnaire (Example: link all the Data Senders for whom deadline is weekly to the weekly Questionnaire, etc.).
- Set reminders in the weekly and monthly group Questionnaire. When you set the reminders, check only the “x days before the deadline” and “the day of the deadline” to avoid people from receiving reminders even if they’ve already submitted their data.
- For quarterly and semi-annual deadlines, as DW don’t have these options in the deadline dropdown list, you can send the reminders manually via “Send a message”. You can just choose “Data Senders linked to this Questionnaire” and the message will be sent only to the specific group.